Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Day Three: You Have to Act

Day Three: You Have to Act


Now this was nothing that I really read today, but it was something that I have seen twice this week and today I saw a little lesson that could apply in our lives. The university that I go to has something called an institute of religion. This is a building that the LDS church has built a building where there are many courses from all the scriptures. There are courses on the Book of Mormon, Old Testaments, New Testaments, Modern day Teachings of the Prophet(since we do believe that there is a prophet of God on the earth day just like moses, or Noah). It is a great way to keep everything in line and to have that spiritual boast to you day. But moving on, at the institute I go to there is parking for  students that attend. But like I told you I have seen something twice this week and it has been in the parking lot. I have seen a cop two different times be giving someone a ticket in there. Now I would assume that the people getting the tickets were speeding through campus and turned in to park. But something hit me on how this can apply in my own life.
How it can apply is that, we can not just be apart of the church and find protection. But we must active in the church and more specifically in the gospel. As Christ said " Ask, and it chall be given you, seek and ye shall find; knock and it shall be open unto you." (Matthew 7:7) All the invitation he gave were ones of action. Knock, seek, and ask. I'm not saying we work out our own salvation but we do need to put effort in our testimony of Christ. From reading to praying to service and even bearing our testimonies to others. Action seem to always follow with our love for the savior. As we actively participate in the Gospel and church then we will find the blessing we need and a better relationship with Christ and others. 

No comments:

Post a Comment