Monday, February 17, 2014

Day one: What matters most?

Day one: what matters most? 


When I was reading in the Book of Mormon today I was reading the account where Christ comes to the americas, fulfills prophesies, establish his gospel and church like he did in Jerusalem (Christ comes in the 3 Nephi 11-26) He sets up his church just like he
did on Jerusalem with his 12 apostles. After he leaves there are still some questions by many of the church. The apostles pray and fast that they may receive answers and one of the question they had was what should the name of the church be, The savior responds by saying "And the Lord said unto them: Verily, verily, I say unto you, why is it that the people should murmur and dispute because of this thing?.... And how be it my church  save it be called in my name? For if a church be called in Moses’ name then it be Moses’ church; or if it be called in the name of a man then it be the church of a man; but if it be called in my name then it is my church, if it so be that they are built upon my gospel." But then he goes on to explain what matters most and that is what is the gospel

 "Behold I have given unto you my gospel, and this is the gospel which I have given unto you—that I came into the world to do the will of my Father, because my Father sent me.
 14 And my Father sent me that I might be lifted up upon the cross; and after that I had been lifted up upon the cross, that I might draw all men unto me, that as I have been lifted up by men even so should men be lifted up by the Father, to stand before me, to be judged of their works, whether they be good or whether they be evil—
 15 And for this cause have I been lifted up; therefore, according to the power of the Father I will draw all men unto me, that they may be judged according to their works.
 16 And it shall come to pass, that whoso repenteth and is baptized in my name shall be filled; and if he endureth to the end, behold, him will I hold guiltless before my Father at that day when I shall stand to judge the world.
 17 And he that endureth not unto the end, the same is he that is also hewn down and cast into the fire, from whence they can no more return, because of the justice of the Father." 
I feel that in this life we often times focus on such a little thing and not on the bit thing at hand. When we focus on the little things in our lives that are most important then we will be able to find the most happy and the most purpose in this life. We need not worry about the things that matter less, and we need to focus on what matters most!


No comments:

Post a Comment